AlmonTravel is acting only as an agent for suppliers in selling travel-related services or in accepting reservations or bookings for services that are not directly supplied by AlmonTravel (such as air and ground transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, tours, cruises, etc.) AlmonTravel, therefore, shall not be responsible for breach of contract of any intentional or careless actions or omissions on part of such suppliers which result in any loss, damage, delay, or injury to you or your travel companions or group members. Unless the term “guaranteed” is specifically stated in writing on your ticket, invoice, or reservation itinerary, we do not guarantee any of such suppliers’ rates, bookings, reservations, connections, scheduling, or handling of personal effects.
AlmonTravel shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with terrorist activities, social, or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climactic conditions, criminal acts or abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel agent’s control.
Traveler assumes complete and full responsibility for, and hereby releases AlmonTravel and all its consultants from any duty of, checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements of each destination, and all safety or security conditions at such destinations, during the length of the proposed travel. For information concerning possible dangers at international destinations, contact the appropriate travel advisory section of the Canadian or US government. For medical information, contact the public health service (See Travel Resource page). By embarking upon his/her travel, the traveler(s) voluntarily assumes all risks involved in such travel, whether expected or unexpected. Traveler is hereby warned of such risks, and is advised to obtain appropriate insurance coverage against them. Traveler’s retention of tickets, reservations, or bookings after issuance shall constitute consent to the above, and an agreement on his/her part to convey the contents hereto his/her travel companions or group members.
You are liable for all costs associated with the arrangements you make.
Below is a list of popular suppliers Terms and Conditions.
1) Check your documents — check your documents when you receive them. Immediately call AlmonTravel at 902-431-4932 or 1-855-902-4937 or [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns. Tour operator groups departments may be closed on weekends.
2) Check-in — minimum check-in time for domestic flights is 1 1/2 to 2 hours and for international flights, 2 1/2 to 3 hours or more. Check with the appropriate airline or airport.
3) Reconfirmation — reconfirm the day and time of flights at least 24 hours before departure for domestic and also at 72 hours for international flights. Reconfirmation is mandatory for most international flights. Failure to use any reservations may result in automatic cancellation of all continuing and return reservations.
4) Excursions and promotional fares — most discount fares involve certain restrictions. A change in carrier(s), flight(s), time(s), or routing(s) could result in carrier demanding a full fare and/or service fees. Obtain agency or airline assistance before making changes.
5) Subject to change without notice — quoted and booked but not paid in full times, flights and fares are based on current tariffs that are subject to change without notice by the carriers.
6) Tickets — canceled or unused tickets must be returned for proper credit to your account. Lost, stolen or destroyed tickets must be paid for until refund is received from the issuing carrier, subject to an airline imposed service charge, assuming that tickets are actually refundable.
7) Hotels are usually confirmed on a guaranteed payment basis. If you cancel or change plans, please notify your hotel(s) within the time period specified by that hotel. It may be that reservations are non-refundable.
8) Tours/package prices not already booked (deposited/paid for) are subject to change without notice due to currency fluctuations, tariff changes or increases in operational costs. In addition, group/packages are based on a minimum number of passengers traveling; if the number of passengers falls below the minimum required, a surcharge may be imposed on all remaining passengers. “Guaranteed departure” does not necessarily mean that the departure is actually guaranteed.
9) Important!!! If you arrive at an airline ticket or passenger check-in counter with your confirmed ticket and find that the airline shows no reservation for you — do not leave the counter. Check your ticket. If the status box shows “okay” for the flight in question, the airline must accommodate you on that flight, or if that is not possible, they must either find you a substitute flight or pay you denied boarding compensation. If necessary, ask to speak to a supervisor.
10) Processing fees – we reserve the right to charge processing fees in addition to the tour operator’s fees in the event of refunds, cancellations or changes requested by clients after booking.
11) Proof of identity – proof of identity is required for travel on airlines, buses, trains, ships, ferries, and other forms of public transport and for rental of automobiles, campers, and other personal vehicles. For travel within Canada, a government-issued identity card, such as a driver’s licence, is usually sufficient. For most international travel, a passport is required. Without proper identification, a passport and any necessary visas, you will not be permitted to depart. It is your responsibility to verify your necessary travel documents.
12) Age requirements – proof of age may be required by certain suppliers to qualify for discounts or to be eligible for specified travel arrangements.* It is your responsibility to disclose your age and date of birth at the time of booking to be sure you meet supplier age requirements.
*Some examples: car rental companies either do not rent to drivers below a minimum age or charge an extra fee for younger drivers. Likewise, some will not rent to drivers above the maximum age. Cruise lines may require that an adult above a certain age be assigned to each cabin. Hotels sometimes offer discounts to senior citizens (the qualifying age of which varies). For resort stays, to qualify for child prices, the child traveling usually must be under the age of 12 for the duration of the travel period and be rooming with 2 adults.
13) You are expected to go to the up-to-date website of the suppliers used in your booking and review the terms and conditions of the said supplier — websites below may have been changed since these were published — go to the supplier home page and look for “terms and conditions” or “legal notice” or something similar, which is your responsibility to be aware of.
|Air Canada Vacations |
Amadeus River Cruises
Pandaw River Cruises
Any of these — or other — suppliers, including airlines, having a website, also have a terms and conditions page.
14) It is considered your responsibility to be aware of these terms and conditions and your acceptance of a vacation package or travel opportunity indicates that you are aware of limitations upon your rights as dictated by the terms and conditions.
15) Photocopy all important documents and keep photocopy separate from passport and tickets. Ensure that your “emergency contact” has all of your travel information.
16) Your deposit to reserve trip and payment for travel insurance is nonrefundable.
17) All “special requirements” during travel are on a “request only” basis and are not guaranteed, subject to availability upon check-in.